We believe our practice is founded with the idea that our best patients are referred by our best patients.
To save registration time on your first visit, come prepared by filling out the Patient Registration and Health History form. To complete the forms, print them out, fill out all the necessary information, and bring the forms with you at the time of your appointment. Copies of our Notice of Privacy Practices and Patient Bill of Rights are also available for you to read and print.
Please print and fill out the following forms prior to your appointment:
Your initial visit to Interlachen Dental Associates is important because it gives us an opportunity to get to know each other. We want to learn what your concerns are, and also what you expect from us. By establishing clear communication from the start, we can all work together to achieve and maintain your good dental health.
- Comprehensive Evaluation - This type of evaluation is given to all new patients. We gather information in order to discuss any concerns or needs, and to diagnose any necessary treatment. Cosmetic procedures may also be discussed during this time. We may or may not perform a prophylaxis (cleaning) during this appointment. Please let us know if you'd like to schedule a teeth-cleaning as part of your first appointment.
- Emergency Appointment / 24 Hour Emergency Care for Active Patients - Call our office if you are experiencing pain, swelling, sensitivity to hot or cold, have fractured a tooth or have any other concerns that are causing immediate acute pain. For more details on what qualifies as an emergency, please call our office or see the Dental Emergencies section on the FAQ page in this website.
- Cosmetic Consultation - If you are considering having any type of cosmetic procedure or just want to learn more about it, please come see us for a free consultation.
Call our office during our normal business hours, Monday through Friday, to schedule your appointment. We will be happy to answer any questions about our office procedures, insurance, and financial policies.
When we schedule an appointment for you, our team reserves that time for you and look forward to seeing you. As a courtesy to our patients, we confirm all appointments in advance. If you know you will be unreachable, we ask that you call our office to confirm your time scheduled with us.
We understand that nowadays everyone has busy and ever-changing schedules. Because time at Interlachen Dental Associates is set aside especially for you, we require a minimum of a 48-hour notice if you are in a position where you must cancel or reschedule your appointment. Your courtesy is appreciated, as we will offer your time to someone else who is in need of care. Of course, we will also always do our best to reschedule your appointment for as quickly as possible.
A fee may be charged for all failed or broken appointments without a 48-hour notice.
What constitutes an emergency and what should I do? There are many things that constitute an emergency. Some of the most common ones are listed below:
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth with water. Gently use dental floss to ensure that there is no food or other debris caught between the teeth. Do not put heat or aspirin on the tooth or gum tissue in the surrounding area. Apply a cold compress if necessary. Call our office if pain persists or if you have any questions.
- Fractured/Broken Tooth: Rinse your mouth with warm water and use a cold compress to prevent/reduce swelling. If possible, save the piece of tooth that has broken off, place it in a container with milk or saline solution and bring it with you to your dental appointment. Use ibuprofen or Tylenol for pain. Contact our office to schedule an appointment immediately.
- Knocked Out Tooth: Quick action can save a knocked out tooth and prevent infection. Rinse your mouth with water and apply a cold compress to prevent/reduce swelling. If you are unable to place the tooth back into its socket, don't let it dry out, place the tooth in a container with a lid and fill with milk, saline solution or saliva. Contact our office or go to the emergency room immediately.
- Bitten Tongue, Cheek or Lip: Clean the area gently with a cloth and apply a cold compress to reduce any swelling. If it is bleeding and does not stop, go to the emergency room immediately.
- Objects Caught between Teeth: Try to remove the object with dental floss. Do not try to remove the object with a sharp or pointed object. If you are unable to remove it, call our office.
- Helpful Tip: Tie several knots in the string of floss about 1/2 inch apart. Floss between teeth and remove by pulling knotted floss out sideways.
Do you have family members or friends who can benefit from a positive dental experience? Please let them know about our office. If they have questions or want to schedule an appointment, ask them to call us at 952-920-9579 during normal business hours or contact us by e-mail at: info@ interlachendental.com.
They should mention where they heard about Interlachen Dental Associates because we would like to thank YOU for giving us such a compliment. We appreciate your trust, and we thank you for trusting us to participate in the continued care of your friends and family.
Call us today to schedule an appointment.